Monday, December 15, 2008

... And Artistic, Too.

Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure it's not cosmically fair for a woman with this bone structure and these legs to also be quite good at something that requires talent, intelligence, or artistic capability. And yet. Tonight I went to the opening of Helena Christensen's latest exhibition, "Far From, Close" which is being held at the Dactyl Foundation - and it was pretty great. I really wanted to complain that the turnout was due to her supermodel status, that anyone can take a black and white photo that looks artsy and brooding; but the crowd wasn't the typical mash of party/fame seekers (Michael Stipe was there, Michael Lohan was not), and the photography wasn't all black and white. Below are some of my favorites. It's just not fair. When I die, I'd like to come back as a supermodel/poet laureate. Work that one for me, ok karma?

1 comment: