Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Stylista Finale

The season finale of Elle-based "reality" TV show Stylista just aired, and, um, it was amazing. The show itself has been sort of tedious and irritating. It would have been nice, for example, if they had actually shot in the Elle office instead of a set, if the staffers were actually able to walk in their 5-inch heels instead of tottering awkwardly, if Anne Slowey had just been herself instead of some absurd Devil Wears Prada knockoff... but I digress. The final episode was fantastic. I was actually really impressed with how well Johanna conceptualized her cover shoot and the way it turned out. I've been rooting for her the whole time - Joe and Anne made the right decision. I have to say though, my favorite part was either Megan arguing with the show's producer in the garbage hallway, or Anne dropping a James Joyce reference during the review. Brilliant.

1 comment:

  1. Augh, I can't believe you watched--it was just too much for me too handle!!

    ReplyDelete